While conditional love allows you to perceive all the good qualities of your partner, unconditional love makes you love not only their good qualities, but also their flaws!
When you love someone unconditionally, you are aware of all of their qualities, such as their kindness, beautiful eyes, intelligence, etc. But, we also like his faults, such as his selfishness or even his infidelity!
We do not try to change the loved one, we accept them as they are. We love her with an absolute and uncontrollable love.
Often, in unconditional love, we expect nothing in return, we love and give without receiving anything.
At some point, unconditional love can become the source of great suffering and even greater disappointment. It can seriously harm our well-being!
It is often compared to a parent’s love for their child. Because, this love is considered to be the purest love that can exist.
Unconditional love suggests a lack of love and self-esteem, according to some psychologists. This is why the love of the other which is without limits can be very destructive and your relationship can become very unhealthy!
If you love someone unconditionally and it doesn’t hurt you, you are quite free to continue to do so.
Otherwise, you risk creating an unhealthy and toxic relationship that will be very difficult for you to break out of!
What is passionate love?
Passionate love is defined as:
– A passion and a physical desire for the other intense and unknown;
– A feeling of unease when the other is not there;
– A possessiveness and an addiction towards the other;
– An idealistic love.
Passionate love is very strong love. But when it becomes pathological, when it prevents us from doing other things, it can be very harmful! If passionate love is more important in your life than it should be, the relationship is unlikely to be lasting!
However, passion is a natural and normal phase at the start of a relationship. But, over time, it begins to fade to give way to a healthier attachment.
As couple therapist Sophie Touttée Henrotte explains, “passionate love can last in certain cases when it is mature love.
That is to say that the two members of the couple know how to ‘dose’ the passion. Indeed, passion is not always destructive, as long as it is brought to life a little every day.
Passionate couples who last, use passion to strengthen their story, without losing sight of their own identity. “
We can conclude that passion is healthy when it is not omnipresent in the life of the Wife or husband and when it does not separate each of the two partners from his friends, his family or his work.
What is impossible love?
“The heart has its reasons which reason does not know. “ Pascal
There are many reasons why love is considered impossible:
– Love at a distance: “Far from the eyes, far from the heart”;
– One-sided feelings ;
– Forbidden constellations;
– Social, family, cultural or religious pressure, etc.
There are a thousand and one reasons that can make love impossible. Either way, this type of love always flirts with the forbidden.
It is up to you to choose if you will live this love for yourself and let it turn your life upside down, or if you will just ignore it!
Impossible love is not easy to overcome, but it is a complex subject that we will cover in a future article!
What is love within a couple?
After having defined the different types of love, here is how love is defined in a couple:
• Love in a couple involves above all knowing the needs and desires of the other;
• In a couple’s life, the other’s happiness comes before your own;
• Love involves helping the loved one to become better than before;
• This feeling forces you to give your time and be present;
• It also forces you to imagine and see the future with your loved one;
• True love involves accepting the person with his qualities and despite his faults;
• Love is a feeling that changes your life forever;
• Love is constantly expressing how you feel about each other!
True love goes beyond love at first sight, need, affection, friendship, or lust.
True love involves respect, trust, honesty, integrity, and chemistry.
Although it can take many different forms, some of which can make us suffer, love will remain, despite everything, the most beautiful feeling in the world forever!